Breast Augmentation near Queens
A breast augmentation is a plastic surgery procedure that Dr. Nina S. Naidu performs as a means to reshape the breast by increasing its size and projection. She accomplishes this with the use of a breast implant device. This procedure is also referred to as breast implant surgery or as augmentation mammoplasty.
Benefits That Can Be Achieved with a Breast Augmentation Near Queens
One of the most common reasons that women choose to have a breast augmentation is to boost self-confidence. Following an augmentation mammoplasty, many patients state that they feel more comfortable wearing their bathing suits, strapless dresses and other more revealing clothing.
With an augmentation mammoplasty, Dr. Naidu can provide her patients with the full and youthful-looking breasts they have always desired. A breast augmentation is the perfect solution for women who would like to increase their breast volume following pregnancy and breastfeeding. Furthermore, an augmentation mammoplasty can also balance the breasts, thus addressing any breast asymmetries.
Who Should Consider Having a Breast Augmentation?
Many women choose to have breast implant surgery to regain their pre-pregnancy body. If you are interested in increasing the size of your breasts, you may be a good candidate for a breast augmentation with Dr. Naidu near Queens.
Ideal Candidates for a Breast Augmentation near Queens
Healthy women who desire larger breasts and do not have any kind of connective tissue disease or breast malignancies should consider scheduling an initial consultation with board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon Dr. Nina S. Naidu at her office near Queens
Preparing for Your Initial Consultation with Dr. Naidu
If you prefer, you can print and then fill out your new patient forms prior to your first appointment with Dr. Naidu.
What to Expect During Your First Visit with Dr. Nina S. Naidu at Her Office Near Queens
Dr. Naidu will review your registration and health history forms. She will want to address any medical issues that you have, current medications that you take and ask questions about previous medical issues.
To ensure your safety during your breast augmentation procedure, it is important that you are open and honest with Dr. Naidu, especially when documenting and discussing your medications, medical history, and lifestyle choices (drinking, smoking, recreational drugs, etc.).
- If applicable, please remember to bring a list of the medications, herbal supplements and vitamins you are currently taking.
- Dr. Nina S. Naidu will also want to know why you are interested in having a breast augmentation, what your goals are and whether or not you intend to become pregnant in the future. If you do intend to become pregnant or to breastfeed, Dr. Naidu will discuss the effect that these actions may have on the results achieved during your breast augmentation procedure near Queens.
- Dr. Naidu will physically examine your breasts. She will be determining your skin’s elasticity, how much soft tissue is present in your breasts and the width of the base of your breasts.
Photographs of your breasts will be taken. These photos are essential for creating your personalized surgical plan. As such, they are an important component of your personal medical record. These pictures will not be viewed by any other patients without first obtaining written consent from you.
Once the initial consultation is complete, Dr. Nina S. Naidu will know whether or not you are a good candidate for breast implant surgery. If you are, she will discuss your options. Please feel free to ask any questions at this time. Dr. Naidu wants each of her patients to have the information they need to determine if a breast augmentation will provide them with the results they desire. Dr. Nina S. Naidu and her staff never pressure patients into scheduling the procedure.
A Second Appointment with Dr. Nina S. Naidu Near Queens
Should you decide that you would like to proceed with an augmentation mammoplasty, you will need to schedule a pre-surgical appointment with Dr. Naidu. During this visit, you will have the opportunity to try on various breast sizers. Dr. Naidu takes great pride in assisting her patients with choosing the breast implants that will provide them with the beautiful, natural-looking, full breasts that they desire. She uses the information she gathered during your initial consultation to determine which implants she believes will provide you with the feminine silhouette you desire.
Breast implant devices available near Queens:
- Saline: this implant consists of a silicone shell that is filled with a salt-water solution.
- Silicone: just like the saline implant, the silicone implant consists of a silicone shell; however, it is filled with a silicone gel, as opposed to saline.
- Gummy Bear Breast Implants: this is a type of silicone implant that consists of form stable cohesive silicone gel.
- The Ideal Implant® – this implant consists of a specially-designed silicone shell that is filled with saline.
You may choose smooth or textured breast implants. Dr. Naidu will help you determine which of these textures will help you to achieve the results you desire.
A breast implant can be round or anatomical (teardrop shaped).
The three most common incision locations used during a breast augmentation are:
1. Transaxillary (in the armpit)
– Although this incision is beneficial because it is placed at a location off of the breast, it can be visible in certain kinds of clothing. In addition, there are concerns related to the potential for injury to important vessels and nerves in the arm itself.
2. Peri-Areolar (around the nipple-areolar complex)
– This incision is well-concealed within the darker skin that surrounds the nipple. However, placing larger silicone implants or anatomical silicone breast implants through this incision is challenging. According to recent studies, the risk of scar tissue forming around the breast implant and causing capsular contracture is slightly higher when this incision is used for implant insertion.
3. Inframammary Crease (within the fold of the breast)
– This incision allows for the best visualization of the breast tissues and is well-concealed within the breast crease. Dr. Naidu can easily insert saline, silicone and anatomical silicone gel breast implants through this incision.
For the most part, Dr. Nina S. Naidu prefers to use the inframammary incision unless the patient has a specific preference.
Breast Implant Placement Options
Breast implants can be placed submuscularly or subglandularly. When Dr. Naidu places an implant submuscularly, she places it into a pocket that she creates beneath the pectoralis major muscle. Subglandular implants are placed within a pocket created directly above the pectoralis major muscle.
After choosing the implant characteristics you desire, Dr. Naidu will provide you with details related to your custom-designed breast augmentation procedure near Queens. In addition, you will be given the pre-surgical paperwork to complete.
Preparing for a Breast Augmentation Near Queens
- Your medical history and age typically determine which pre-surgical tests Dr. Naidu requests prior to your augmentation mammoplasty.
- Patients who smoke must discontinue smoking for at least 8 weeks before and 8 weeks after their breast augmentation. In addition, certain medications must be discontinued for several weeks.
- If breast cancer runs in your family or you are 35 years of age or older, you will need to have a mammogram before you undergo an augmentation mammoplasty.
- Additional tests and/or medical clearance from your general practitioner may be required.
Please keep in mind that each test Dr. Naidu orders is essential to ensuring your safety during your breast augmentation procedure.
A Breast Augmentation Procedure – The Day of Surgery
An augmentation mammoplasty is an outpatient procedure, which means you will be able to return home the same day of your procedure. If the only procedure being performed is an augmentation mammoplasty, it should take about an hour. You will receive general anesthesia. For this reason, you need to arrive at the surgery center with a responsible adult who can escort you home.
Marking the Breasts
Directly before your augmentation, Dr. Nina S. Naidu will visit you in the pre-operative area to make several markings on your breasts. She uses these markings as a guideline during your procedure.
The Operating Room
Once the anesthesia takes effect and you are comfortably asleep, Dr. Naidu can begin the augmentation procedure.
After the incision is made, Dr. Naidu will create the pocket in which the breast implant will rest. This pocket may be created submuscularly or subglandularly. Once the pocket is created, the Keller Funnel™ will be used to assist in insertion of the implant. This innovative device allows Dr. Naidu to place the implant with minimal contact between the implant, her hands and the breast tissues.
You will wake up while you are still in the operating room and then will be immediately transported to the recovery area. You will remain in this area until you are fully awake. You may also receive pain medication at this time. Once you are fully awake, you will be taken to another recovery area. You will receive something to eat before you are released to go home. Once you are able to move with little assistance and tolerate food, you will be discharged to go home.
Once you get home:
Nap for several hours at home and then perform some light activities that do not require lifting. Dr. Naidu will give you a detailed schedule of arm exercises which should be started the evening after your surgery.
Sexual and aerobic activity must be limited for at least 2 weeks. Most of Dr. Naidu’s patients return to work within 3-5 days.
Your follow-up visit will be scheduled at some point between 3 to 5 days after your surgery. Dr. Naidu will evaluate you for any unusual bruising or swelling.
- You should expect mild swelling; there should be little to no bruising.
- For 2 or 3 days, you will experience mild to moderate pain. The majority of patients are able to discontinue taking their pain medication 2 days after their breast augmentation.
- Should you notice sudden swelling, bruising, redness, pain or drainage in one breast, or you have a fever, contact Dr. Naidu’s office right away at 212-452-1230 for an evaluation.
- Over the next 6 months, your breast implants will settle and your final results will become evident. As time passes, your breasts will continue to appear more natural.
If you are interested in learning more about the breast enhancement procedures that Dr. Nina S. Naidu offers, please contact her office today at 212-452-1230 to schedule your initial consultation. We look forward to making your dream of beautiful breasts a reality.
- NYC Plastic Surgery
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Augmentation Revision
- Gummy Bear Breast Implants
- Breast Lift
- Breast Lift with Augmentation
- Tuberous Breast Surgery
- Inverted Nipple Correction
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Reconstruction
- Breast Augmentation with Fat Transfer
- Breast Revision Surgery
- Vaser Liposuction
- Mommy Makeover
- Tummy Tuck
- Male Breast Reduction (Gynecomastia)